Data Management Home
The objective of this website is to provide information on developing data management plans now being required by some federal agencies and to support researchers in the various stages of the research cycle.
Data Management Plans
The University Libraries are interested in working with faculty and researchers in developing data management plans -- the best ways to share, disseminate, and make accessible research data. Here are some resources to review that will help you create a data management plan:
- -- create, review, and share data management plans that meet institutional and funder requirements
- Funding Agencies Requirements
- NSF Data Management Plans -- includes general guidelines and links to NSF Directorate guidelines.
- Data Repositories -- information about UA Campus Repository and tools for finding disciplinary repositories
- Campus Resources -- resources available from UITS and the Office of Research, and information about the Research Computing Governance Committee
We are ready to consult with faculty and researchers on the entire data life cycle. Contact Chris Kollen, Data Curation Librarian, to discuss your research.
Research Data Life Cycle
The Research Data Life Cycle Diagram and text (click on image) are courtesy of the University of Virginia Data Management page.