University of Arizona Example DMPs
These vetted DMPs from successful proposals were provided by UA researchers for the benefit of the UA community. Please do not copy text from these DMPs verbatim into your own DMP. Note: UA NetID login required
|NIH National Institutes of Health (2023 DMSP)||2022||UA researcher|
|Area of research: Food security and agriculture||NSF Social and Economic Sciences (SES)||2017||UA researcher|
|Accelerating Comparative Metagenomics Through an Ocean Cloud Commons||NSF Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE)||2016||Bonnie Hurwitz|
|Synthesis and Design Workshop Principles for the Equitable Design of Digitally-Distributed, Studio-Based STEM Learning Environments||NSF Education and Human Resources (EHR)||2018||Leslie Sult|
|Nutrient Bioavailability--Phytonutrients and Beyond||USDA NIFA||2018||Frank Duca|
|Area of Research: Insect resistance to pesticides||USDA NIFA||2019||UA researcher|
|OSIRIS-REx Science Data Management Plan (no login required). See the OSIRIS-REx Mission Bundle page for citation information.||NASA||2016||Dante Lauretta|
Examples From Other Institutions
These examples were compiled by others. Although we strive to ensure they represent accurate information, they are provided here as-is.
National Science Foundation (NSF)
Each section contains examples for the indicated directorate.
- Pannell J (2016) Data Management Plan for PhD Thesis "Climatic Limitation of Alien Weeds in New Zealand: Enhancing Species Distribution Models with Field Data". Research Ideas and Outcomes 2: e8664. https://doi.org/10.3897/rio.2.e8664 (created using NSF template in DMPTool)
- NSF General: Rio Grande example (Zenodo)
- NSF: Physical Sciences and Engineering, Biosciences, Social & Behavioral Sciences (courtesy of the Rice University Faculty Senate's Research Committee)
- NSF: Directorate faculty examples (University of California, San Diego)
- NSF: General example (courtesy of Kenneth Hayes, University of Hawai’i, 2011)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
These resources contain additional examples from a variety of funders.
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR): Collection of Natural Science examples
- Sample Data Management Plan for Depositing Data with ICPSR
- University of Wisconsin-Madison DMP - Environmental Biology: Lakeshore Nature Preserve example
- The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Office of Digital Humanities provides sample applications which include Data Management Plans for their Digital Humanities Advancement grants program.
- For example, the Data Management Plan for the successful application Temple University, Developing the Data Set of Nineteenth-Century Knowledge is included in the Appendix (page 17 of the pdf linked to above).