University of Arizona Example DMPs
These vetted DMPs from successful proposals were provided by UA researchers for the benefit of the UA community. Please do not copy text from these DMPs verbatim into your own DMP. Note: UA NetID login required
|NIH National Institutes of Health (2023 DMSP)||2022||UA researcher|
|Area of research: Food security and agriculture||NSF Social and Economic Sciences (SES)||2017||UA researcher|
|Accelerating Comparative Metagenomics Through an Ocean Cloud Commons||NSF Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE)||2016||Bonnie Hurwitz|
|Synthesis and Design Workshop Principles for the Equitable Design of Digitally-Distributed, Studio-Based STEM Learning Environments||NSF Education and Human Resources (EHR)||2018||Leslie Sult|
|Nutrient Bioavailability--Phytonutrients and Beyond||USDA NIFA||2018||Frank Duca|
|Area of Research: Insect resistance to pesticides||USDA NIFA||2019||UA researcher|
|OSIRIS-REx Science Data Management Plan (no login required). See the OSIRIS-REx Mission Bundle page for citation information.||NASA||2016||Dante Lauretta|
Examples From Other Institutions
These examples were compiled by others. Although we strive to ensure they represent accurate information, they are provided here as-is.
National Science Foundation (NSF)
Each section contains examples for the indicated directorate.
- Pannell J (2016) Data Management Plan for PhD Thesis "Climatic Limitation of Alien Weeds in New Zealand: Enhancing Species Distribution Models with Field Data". Research Ideas and Outcomes 2: e8664. https://doi.org/10.3897/rio.2.e8664 (created using NSF template in DMPTool)
- NSF General: Mauna Loa example (DataOne)
- NSF General: HDF Map example (DataOne)
- NSF General: Rio Grande example (DataOne)
- NSF General: Nutrient Network example (DataOne)
- NSF: Physical Sciences and Engineering, Biosciences, Social & Behavioral Sciences (courtesy of the Rice University Faculty Senate's Research Committee)
- NSF: Directorate faculty examples (University of California, San Diego)
- NSF: General example (courtesy of Kenneth Hayes, University of Hawai’i, 2011)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
These resources contain additional examples from a variety of funders.