Library Services & Resources
Publishing, Copyright, and Open Access
In addition to data management support, the Research Engagement department offers assistance with
- Navigating the UA Open Access Policy.
- Depositing materials into the UA Campus Repository to archive and make available publications, monographs, reports and more. Depositing into the Campus Repository can help meet the Open Access Policy requirements.
- Navigating intellectual property rights and fair use.
- Managing your research profiles using UA Vitae, UA Profiles, and ORCiD.
- Digital scholarship projects.
Library Resources: College/Departmental Liaisons
The librarian in your college/department can provide individual assistance on
- Finding materials: ILL, research databases, literature searches, etc.
- Scholarly impact: Google Scholar, ORCiD
- Citation management: RefWorks, Zotero, Endnote, Mendeley
- Instructional support: Library guides for courses, course reserves, and classroom instruction in the above subjects
Campus Services & Resources
Research Administration, Compliance, Finding Funding
- The Research Gateway from Research, Innovation & Impact: Includes information on Development, Administration, Compliance, and Resources.
- UAHS Research Administration
Computing and Storage
- See Storage, backups, & security
- CyVerse: Data Store (100 GB allocation)
- Open Science Framework: Platform for research collaboration. Not suitable for sensitive data.
Data collection/online databases
- Qualtrics: Easily create forms and surveys. IRB approval required for human subjects data.
- REDCap: Secure web platform for building and managing online databases and surveys. Often used for clinical studies. HIPAA-compliant (IRB approval required).
- UITS Research Computing: assistance may take the form of guidance or direction when determining the best methods of evaluating and recommending high-end computing technology and software.
- CyVerse help
- UITS Research Computing: create graphical representations from the results of researcher's computations and simulations. Its goal is to assist the researcher in developing a deeper understanding of the data under investigation and to provide new insight.
- VR Studio: Provides virtual and augmented reality support through the University Libraries.
- UITS Research Computing: free statistical consulting services for the UA community, all forms of statistical analysis and with a wide range of statistical software.
- Center for Biomedical Informatics and Biostatistics: offers a suite of services and tools, including: statistical consulting, data integration and standards, and a clinical data warehouse, REDCap.
- Statistical Consulting Lab at BIO5: the StatLab provides statistical expertise, assistance with grant proposals, design of experiments. conducting data analysis and other services.
- SWEHSC Data Science Resource (formerly Statistics / Bioinformatics Resource): supports data management and quality assurance, data analysis and other services for environmental health investigators
- Biostatistics Shared Resource (BSR): The Biostatistics Shared Resource (BSR) at The University of Arizona Cancer Center brings together expertise in biostatistics, clinical trials, epidemiology, applied mathematics, statistical computing, and database applications.