Workshop Slides and Recordings
The Library periodically offers data management workshops throughout the year. We are available to develop a customized workshop for your department, unit, or college. Below is a selection of some of our workshops
- Writing Effective Data Management Plans (slides, recording, exercises). Spring 2019 workshop on tips, pitfalls, and tools for writing data management plans. Note the recording is from the Fall 2018 iteration.
- Data Literacy Workshops for Postdocs: Increasing Research Impact & Efficiency (recording, slides, exercises) -- Part 1: Data Management for Postdocs; Part 2: Data Curation for Postdocs Presented by Fernando Rios and Christine Kollen on 3/15/2018 and 3/29/2018.
- Increasing Openness and Reproducibility using the OSF (recording, slides) -- presented by Ian Sullivan from the Center for Open Science on 3/30/2018 demonstrating the Open Science Framework (OSF), a free and open source platform used to facilitate reproducible science and collaboration among researchers. UA now has an institutional license, see Open Science Framework @UA.
- Research Data Life Cycle Workshop (slides) -- presented at the 2017 Entre Pares conference in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico on September 4, 2017. Includes four hands-on exercises.
- Introduction to SQL from Library Carpentry or Data Carpentry (approx 4h)
- Database design 101 using Microsoft Access (8h). Log in through UA Computer Based Training for free access.
- DataONE Data Management Skillbuilding Hub - community resources for data management education
- MANTRA: Research Data Management Training - free online course covering data management plans, organizing data, file formats & transformations, documentation, metadata, and citation, storage & security, data protection, rights & access, and sharing, preservation & licensing.
- Data Management Snafu in 3 parts - short video on the importance of using data management best practices!
Open and Reproducible Science
- Mozilla Open Data Training for Instructors - Learn how to teach about open science
- Open Science: Sharing Your Research with the World (4 week MOOC) - Explore ways to apply Open Science principles to academic work - including your own. Learn how to share your research effectively and responsibly, building greater visibility and impact